Imagine that you have planned on an exciting trip to one of the many countries in the Schengen zone. And you are preparing to apply for a Schengen visa and you don’t want it to be refused. But, how is it possible that your visa does not get rejected?
Well you do not need to worry as in this blog we will show you how to avoid making the top most common mistakes when applying for a Schengen Visa. You will find reasons other than the documents as well that become the cause of visa rejection or delay.
Brief Guide About Schengen Visa Documents
When a Schengen visa or any other visa is turned down, it is because there is something wrong with the application. Now, that can be submission of improper documents, missing any of the documents like travel insurance for Schengen visa and false travel paper etc.
Many people applying for visas need clarification and help to figure out why they were turned down. Because of this, we will focus on giving the most common reasons that you must avoid when applying for a visa.
If the embassy/visa officer does not get all the information they need from the applicant, the visa application might be turned down. If the consulate officer has all the relevant information, they can decide if the applicant is qualified to get a visa. On the other hand, sometimes the candidate is prone to doing illegal or dishonest things. In these situations, the officer has a reason not to give the person a visa.
Common Reasons Why Schengen Visas Are Turned Down
Remember to send in all the necessary paperwork. Your visa will be only allowed if you have all the necessary paperwork. All tourists who want to go to a Schengen country must have the correct travel insurance for Schengen visa. Your visa can only be given with proof from your trip insurance company. So, if you submit incomplete documents whether it is travel insurance or any other document like dummy hotel booking, flight itinerary or passport etc, your visa will be rejected. Therefore, ensure that you submit the correct documents.
Before sending your application, ensure your passport meets all the rules. The authorities accept the visa application if the passport meets the following requirements:
- At least two blank pages must be in your passport
- Your passport must be valid for at least three months after the visa you want to get expires.
- The date your passport was first issued can’t be more than ten years ago.
- It needs to be clarified if you plan to leave the area of the member states before the visa runs out.
Also, remember that you must show proof that you have enough money to cover your living costs in the Schengen areas.
Application Form Needs To Be Correct
You will need the most recent form, which you can get from the Embassy/Consulate’s official website. Remember to sign the application form and try to give all the correct information.
Don’t Have Proof Of The Travel Plan/Insurance
Another reason your Schengen visa application might be denied is because you need a clear plan for getting around the Schengen Area. Some examples are:
- Applying at the wrong Schengen Area Embassy (not being able to figure out where your main stop will be in the Schengen Area)
- Not being able to show you have a place to stay planned for every place you want to go and every night you want to spend in the Schengen Area.
- Not being able to show a booked flight ticket for every application (when travelling in a group)
- Not getting tickets for all the places to visit in the Schengen Area.
- Find out how to get a flight itinerary for a Schengen visa application without paying any money toward the total cost of the plane ticket.
- If you submit dummy travel insurance for visa application and you receive the visa. The next job is to convert the dummy travel insurance package into the original one before you travel. This mistake of the applicant leads him to facing visa rejection or delay.
Poor/Improper Letter Of Recommendation
Providing an official letter of reference/NOC Letter that needs to be signed by the person who wrote it is another proof that a Schengen Visa application has failed. When this happens, it is because the applicant has not sent a proper letter with a letterhead with the address and contact information of the company or person sending it. Another reason is that the application fails at having a proper letter from the last three (3) months before the date of the application.
The official letter which the applicant submits needs to have the author’s stamp and signature.