Anyone who wants to start meditation can start with restorative yoga. This is the best yogasana of meditation. Inside it, we bring the body to a comfortable position. Asanas are practiced in restorative yoga to keep the body in a comfortable position. It works like yoga therapy. This yoga keeps our minds calm. In restorative yoga, we practice those asanas which give peace of mind. With the help of yogasana equipment, bringing the body into a comfortable position, apply an asana for about 10-12 minutes. All attention is focused on calming our mind, on our breath, and on our inner being. This is called restorative yoga. With 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, we know how to do restorative yoga and the other benefits of doing it for the body.
Benefits of restorative yoga:-
1. Yoga for Mantle Piece
This yogasana creates mental peace. It is best to meditate. As usually happens when a seeker starts meditation, then many thoughts come into his mind. Many times the seeker is unable to sit in one posture for a long time. The mind remains distracted. falls into sleep or sleep. While doing restorative yogasana, one gets rid of all these problems. Which also gives mental peace. This asana reduces stress and mental depression.
2. Yoga to Connect with yourself
Yogasana helps us connect with ourselves. We accept ourselves as we are.
3. Yoga for Benefit the lungs
The lungs are benefited from doing this asana. Because in this asana one has to practice the breath, so the lungs are strong. The more the heart works properly. There is a good effect on the body.
4. Yoga to Improve digestion
This yogasana removes digestive problems. As we know, stomach-related problems start due to stress. In such a situation, restorative yoga removes stress and also improves digestion.
5. Yoga for Cure insomnia
This yoga is also beneficial for those who have complaints of insomnia or late sleep. Doing this makes you sleep well. As a result of yogasana, our nervous system is balanced, resulting in a good night’s sleep. Stress is relieved and sleep is good. This yogasana corrects our mood. Increases day-to-day performance.
6. Pain relief
Long-standing pain can be removed by doing this yogasana. Such as knee pain, headache and back pain, etc. Our bodies repair themselves properly when we relax while awake. When we keep all our attention on the mind, then these problems in the body are removed. Everyone can do this asana.
Ways to do Restorative Yoga:
In restorative yoga, we practice the asanas that are seated, lying on the stomach, and also lying on the back keeping the body comfortable. So here we are telling you the method of Matsyasana, two postures to be done lying down.
Method of Matsyasana Yoga:
- Lie down on your back.
- Under the chest or behind the back, place a pillow.
- Place the pillow under your head. Keep it in such a way that there is no pain in the neck.
- Keeping the hands away from the body, keep them almost at shoulder level.
- Come into this posture. But it has to be taken care that there is no tension or tension anywhere in the body.
- Using a pillow will make your body more comfortable if you feel strain or tension.
- Now keep all the attention on your breath and try to calm your mind.
- In this way, you rest in this posture for 10-12 minutes. But keep all the attention on your breath or meditate on some yogic signal.
- Since we are doing any asana for a very long time, then there should not be any strain or tension in the body. If the body is not comfortable then pain or tension can come into the body. So keep it in a comfortable position.
- Matyasana comes in Restorative Yoga. In such a situation, doing restorative yogasana gives mental and physical peace. It can be done daily.